The Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust is now accepting applications for the Small Grant Program, designed to help Bedford home owners make necessary repairs to their homes for safety and health reasons.
The Small Grant Program provides up to $4,000 for qualified Bedford applicants. Applications will be evaluated and prioritized based on health and safety considerations and financial need of the applicant. Grants will be awarded in January 2021, with an application deadline of Nov. 16.
Examples of eligible projects that correct substandard conditions and health and safety issues include plumbing or electrical work, light carpentry, doorbell switch, window repairs, gutters or downspouts, door repairs or replacements, step or porch repairs, lock repair or replacement, cement work or masonry repair, tiling and plaster patching, sheet-rock repair
smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, weather stripping and bathroom grab bars.
The process is designed to be simple and quick.
To be eligible:
• The property must be in Bedford and applicants must reside there.
• Applicants must plan to stay in Bedford for the next 12 months.
• The applicants’ income can’t be higher than 80% of the Area Median Income in this area.
• The applicants home’s assessed value must be lower than 120% of the average assessed value.
• The applicant must let the Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust know 120 days before they list their house for sale or rent.
• The applicant must be within the eligibility financial guidelines.
For information and to receive an application, contact Alyssa Sandoval, economic development director, at 781-275-1111 or by email at [email protected]
The application is also available at https://bit.ly/34zMI4I.