- Following the lead of the boss — President Trump — basic safety COVID-19 protocols were not only ignored by the staff of the White House, they were ridiculed.
- Now the White House is a COVID hotspot and an unsafe workplace.
- There was speculation that the White House could be held criminally or civilly liable, but both are unlikely.
- The government holds itself to a lower standard for workplace safety standards than it does for private companies. And the Trump administration has gutted the agency that holds employers accountable.
- Trump is back in the Oval Office despite still being infected with COVID, putting everyone in that building at risk.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The White House is an unsafe work environment.
Over the past few months, following the lead of the boss — President Trump